Thursday, June 16, 2022

Nova Scotia First Stop: Lockeport


I set out to Nova Scotia to finally visit my Godmother who has lived in Lockeport for years. The green rugged rocky coast was beautiful. It’s lobster fishing country, though the season ended June 1st so the boats and pots were less active, but still I’m not sure I’ve ever been somewhere with seafood fishing and processing it as much of its economic center. I loved seeing different plant life, particularly vibrant lupine and giant ferns. And although I didn’t see them I loved hearing about porcupines and her resident beaver, who diligently works hard to dam up all water flows. Nova Scotian crafts like whirligigs and carved trunks added to the local folksy feel. I’m such a city girl, but it’s always nice to take a walk in the woods or on the beach.

No comments: