Wednesday, June 15, 2022

An Unexpected Night Exploring Toronto, Canada


My stepfather always said “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” I think he would be proud of me.
Sunday I set out to fly to Nova Scotia, but thanks to lots of delays I missed my connecting flight and ended up with an evening in Toronto. I was tired and grumpy but decided to buck up and take advantage of it. I literally walked to a hotel from the Toronto City Airport and explored the city along the way then walked till dark.
I haven’t been to Toronto in 30 years and it has exploded with growth. There are so many soaring modern glass towers and more construction everywhere. There is a wonderful mix of cultures which made for fantastic people watching. Add some street art, a multitude of exciting food choices and the opening of a giant provacative public art installation I just happened to stumble on right as it begun, and I got the ingredients for a fabulous night.


 

No comments: