Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Photos from my Nova Scotia Trip

Below is a link to all my Nova Scotia pics. As you can see, it’s a beautiful place. Water, rocks, boats, beautiful Victorian homes, and lots of yummy seafood at every meal. (Even Salmon eggs Benedict. 🥰) Somehow though not my first trip to Canada, it really hit me this time how close we are to them. It’s another young country settled by the British (and yes, the French.) The “loyalists” who fought on the British side of the American Revolution were given land and pushed to settle in along with plenty of others coming for a new start in the Americas. It was interesting to see Canada trying to reconcile with its indigenous people past (First Nation people in Canada speak) Sign posts are in English/French and Mi'kmaq. Tourist markers are telling stories in 3 languages too and trying to center the Mi'kmaq in the story. It’s interesting to see the effort and think about history a little differently because of it.
I also liked learning about the lives of lobsterman. (Hint: they make a lot of $$$ over a short 3 month season.) Canada protects from over fishing but having distinct fishing seasons and has rebuilt their stock saving the industry.
We drove through beautiful farm country though unfortunately it was a little early for much harvest. But the open swaths were wonderful after so many miles of pine lined highways.
And mostly I had wonderful quantity and quality with my Godmother and my friend Tracy. It’s a real luxury to have hours and hours to bounce around ideas.
Thanks 🇨🇦!

Click HERE to see all of my Nova Scotia pictures.
 

No comments: