Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Second times a charm in Bogota, Colombia


This was my second trip to Bogota. It’s a huge city and I feel like I still have only scratched the surface and definitely don’t know it’s full story yet. Tourists tend to stay in La Candeleria, the oldest part of town. The architecture is traditional and colorful and street life is busy. But in contrast the sprawl has lots of new luxury apartment towers to house the country’s upper class. Colombia is the most unequal country in Latin America and the differences between are pronounced. Next time I’ll explore more. I always find it interesting how long it takes to get to know a city.

In my time I was able wander through downtown, to hunt for street art, explore the wholesale district and soak in the ambiance of their main giant market, including the flower market, which was fun because of my NYC Flower Market days. Colombia is the largest flower exporter.

No comments: