Sunday, May 14, 2023

Visiting the Twin Cities - May 2023


I’m trying to see as much of America as I can. The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul have always been on my bucket list, so I jumped on the chance to attend the International Downtown Association’s conference there and learn about the city from my kind of people, BID folk! They took me on walking tours and shared drinks on rooftops where we talked shop. Luckily I roped in a colleague/friend to extend the trip, so we would have time to dig a little deeper. Naturally we visited Prince’s home Paisley Park, ate a Juicy Lucy, walked beside one of the 10,000 lakes, explored their varied arts scene, strolled the skyways, were wowed by the mighty Mississippi, dove into the Somali and Hmong cultures and visited George Floyd Square to wrestle with that piece of history. All in all, it was a full and satisfying trip. The United States are varied and it’s always interesting to scratch a little deeper.

Click HERE if you want to see more photos from my trip.

No comments: