Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Update from India

If you are checking for more photos or updates I apologize for not keeping up. While IT people may be getting all the US tech jobs, regular tech infrastructure here is not as up to date. That means iffy connections. Little to no ability to upload and mostly frustrating stops at internet cafes. I wrote a good little bit about the street scene yesterday, but then my computer just shut off. Its kept me from doing much writing.

The trip continues to be very interesting. I am finally in the India groove. It means I am taking the ups and downs and hassles in stride and spending lots of time talking to any Indians who will talk to me. You know... an hour at the newsstand with the newsagent today. They even brought me a chair so we could sit together and watch the people go by.

Went on a camel trek last night. I wasn't sure what it would be like but spending sunset in rolling sandunes and then sleeping there out in the open air is pretty splendid! And although I couldn't get my camel to gallop, he had a nice fast trot that mixed up all my insides!

I have 5 more weeks to go! Everything is moving very fast!

No comments: