Saturday, July 31, 2021

My Brooklyn Staycation


My Brooklyn 5th Ave Staycation was great. One avenue with so much to see. Mind you, I have spent plenty of time in all these areas before but it was really fun to bring a fresh eye and focus. I will definitely do something like this again soon! Friday I stayed and started in Sunset Park, walking the avenue with the BID Director and enjoying learning a little more about the Mexican enclave. Then I headed down to Bay Ridge for their monthly Open Street which has an entirely different feel, between the Yemeni, Palestinian, Irish and Italian communities. Saturday started with a visit to my parents cemetery plot in beautiful Green-Wood Cemetery, my little piece of BK just off of 5th Avenue. Then off to lunch at Japan Village in Industry City which is off 3rd Ave, but I was in the neighborhood… Then finally up to a birthday party on the Park Slope 5th Ave Open Street, which is packed every Saturday with wonderful outdoor dining options. Thanks for the fun Brooklyn!

No comments: