Friday, May 28, 2021

NYC Pandemic Re-Awakening - April to Present

 May 21

Finally checked out the Lincoln Center Green, their re-imagined public plaza. It was a lovely place to chill on a beautiful day. A soft bed of turf is so much nicer than the usual cement and stone.

May 19

One covid silver lining is that attending long community board meetings for work is much more comfortable!

May 14

As I continue to mark the moments of re-awakening I want to note that I AM WEARING LIPSTICK! As the CDC loosens mask requirements and I am able to show off my face again, I am ready to bring out my best! #itsthelittlethings

May 9

Now that my mom has left the earth my Mother’s Day tradition is to try to honor her memory by doing lots of her favorite things, so it was AMAZING to stumble upon the New York Dance Project performing on an Open Culture street in Flatiron. My mom loved dance so much. She would have been so thrilled to see dancers on the NYC streets. And how wonderful is it that I could just sit in a chair on the sidewalk and enjoy it. Bravo to NY’s creative culture! 💃🕺

May 5

I know I post a lot of rosy stuff about New York City and maybe you are writing me off as a Pollyanna, but I swear, there is such a wonderful creative, hopeful, high energy feeling on the streets in The Village tonight, even on a rainy night. I’m so excited for the summer and wondering how I can possibly muster up enough energy to embrace it all. But bring it on. Bring on the resurgence. I love NY!

May 4


Its honestly hard to describe how nice it felt to saddle up next to the bar again for a cold pint. I just sat and gazed at the taps... Oh, and the familiarity of a bar stool! 🥰 #thejoyofbeingvaccinated #pandemicreawakening #celebrateeverymoment

April 30

The NYC mobile vaccine buses were in Jackson Heights! Getting to herd immunity however it needs to get done. Go NYC!


No comments: