Sunday, November 08, 2020

Pandemic Facebook Update - End of October - November 27

November 27

Happy to report the most important part of my Thanksgiving tradition went great! Leftovers. Had a delicious turkey sandwich will all the fixings for breakfast and there is plenty left for the whole weekend. The pandemic can’t stop me! #lifeinthetimeofcorona

November 26

2020 Pandemic Thanksgiving. Dinner for one and yet not alone at all. Two family zooms as well as champagne outdoors with friends/neighbors and a meal of my traditional favorites. I’ll call it making lemonade with the lemons I was given. I’m thankful I’m resilient and able to take all this change in stride. I hope others found nice ways to celebrate. Happy Thanksgiving. #lifeonthetimeofcovid

Somehow I’m watching the National Dog Show and loving the audience and clapping soundtrack. Pandemic life is strange, but I have really enjoyed watching how everyone adapts to it.

November 24

New season, new opportunity to accessorize and face masks only add to the fun! What’s everyone whining about? #wearamask


November 23

First live Christmas music in the subway this morning and I’m really appreciating the spirit. He then played by “I will survive”. #pandemiclife

November 22

Today I joined the Manos Que Dan, Reciben Bendiciones pantry volunteers and many others to help La Jornada give out 4000 turkeys! I am thankful to be able to help so many Queens families celebrate Thanksgiving.

November 15 

The Election is over. Biden is the 46th President of the US. Now I can focus back on NYC and signs of covid times once again. The Election was stressful in NoHo. Boards went up. Helicopters flew overhead, but people kept shopping and only joyous marches came through. No damage. Just happy New Yorkers living. Art continues spontaneously. Outdoor dining continues to prepare for colder weather. I’m trying to have as many social outings as I can before cold or covid shuts me in. Luckily NY streets are always fun and keep my brain engaged. Otherwise I’d have to spend more time thinking about how sick I am of covid-19! Only a few more months... we can do it!

October 26

There’s so much going work work and the Election, I’ve almost forgotten to keep updating my pandemic album as NYC continues to change. The bad news is that only 15% of office workers are back.* (Much better on my floor where almost everyone is back at least a few days a week.)The small Covid clusters in NYC and spikes around the country cause us a lot of stress and may have set back our progress towards a bit more normalcy. Outdoor dining has been made permanent and restaurants are trying to figure out how to work in winter. Still only 25% capacity inside not enough for financial success. Covid hit extra close to me with both my co-worker and intern having it. Our office protocols held up. 💪 Creativity is still flourishing on the street. But I’m also prepping for hibernation by fixing up my apartment a little, including a Prime Day 42’ tv. It might be a long winter.



This past weekend I commissioned a wrap around multi-panel mural by my favorite street artist. I’m so happy that Frank Ape is spreading more cheery messages in NoHo. New York is Forever! It’s not dying!




No comments: