Tuesday, February 25, 2020

How does a prudish girl from America feel dressing up for Trinidad Carnival?


Looking at the costume choices was rather terrifying. They cover almost nothing and this chubby girl from the prudish USA who hasn’t even worn a bikini since I was about 9 was venturing WAY outside my comfort zone. I ordered my costume 8 months ahead and I am not lying to say I looked at the picture multiple times and looked at myself in the mirror and kept realizing while it was beautiful my body didn’t look like hers. I REALLY was scared at the prospect of trying to squeeze into it and be out in public. Then add that I didn’t actually get mine till I got to Trinidad, so it’s not like I could get used to it. Instead I bought a bikini top that I would wear around the house to at least get used to seeing all my skin and ripples. 


No comments: