Thursday, September 21, 2017

2017 UN General Assembly Week

My job now forces me to focus on NY and medical and family circumstances have kept me stateside lately, but that doesn't mean that I still don't think about the wider world a lot. Each year I take advantage of UN General Assembly Week to get a small window into various international development issues. Today I'm attending an event about developing sustainable tourism in Africa. My travel in Africa has been eye opening, stereotype smashing, nurturing and helped me change my perspective on what is important in life. Travel builds understanding and I hope that more and more people will get a chance to visit Africa and to counter the misinformation about the continent and promote economic growth there. #2017unyearofsustainabletourismfordevelopment #unwto

No comments: