Saturday, May 25, 2024

Yummy Yummy Food in Japan


One of the most incredible things about Japan is FOOD! Whether it’s vending machines on every corner filled with hot and cold drinks and misc snacks. Or endless fine food stalls on the basement level of many buildings and throughout the subway stations. Or cheap, but fresh and delicious food, available at 7-11 and Family Mart convenience stores. And the restaurants… I can’t say enough about the restaurants. The variety was awesome. I mean conveyor belt sushi is high tech, yummy and fun! I even got into ramen, because ordering on a kiosk felt exciting and the efficient serving process felt other worldly.


The Japanese believe in excellence in whatever they do, and that means the cutest viral sweet sensations or the finest service. For me in particular, I like Japanese foods because they have lots of variety and flavor, but aren’t spicy. On this trip I tried to always be trying new things. The US dollar is strong compared to the Yen, so things seemed cheap and it was easy to buy lots of things and only have tastes. One gummy peach, one seasoned pretzel, one onigiri with something new and weird in it, one mini KitKat, which come in seasonal special flavors and it was strawberry time. Delicious! I’d have to go back for a couple months to have enough time to eat everything I wanted to try. Till then I will dream of more egg sandwiches and so many other things I did get to devour.

No comments: