Friday, May 24, 2024

Youth Culture, Manga/Anime and Fashion.

The intensity of all the trends in Japan makes examining every subculture so exciting. I’m not sure how to describe things with words so you’ll have to look through my pictures to get your own tour.
I will say I tried to embrace manga/anime, but even amongst enthusiastic crowds buying and swapping collectibles, I still didn’t feel much. On the other hand, when I bumped into a giant autograph session with what seemed like 1000s of JPop superfans, I went right to YouTube and watched all their videos. And when I came across a boy band at the main temple and another in a main intersection in Tokyo, I watched with rapt attention. I mean who doesn’t like a cute boy band!?
Because I don’t know where else they fit in, I’ve got a few pictures here of adorable tiny kids walking home from school without any adult supervision. Yes, Japan is THAT safe and little kids walk around alone or with friends with no adults in sight. Amazing and sooooo cute!

No comments: