Thursday, March 21, 2024

Watching A World Cup Qualifier Match in Tokyo


Things you already know about me. I love to travel to dig deeper and learn more about different countries and their people. I love watching World Cup soccer. And I have been to North Korea! Plus this trip to Japan was originally planned for the 2020 Olympics. So imagine how perfect it felt when I was checking out the Olympic Stadium and grounds and saw a poster announcing a FIFA World Cup qualifying match between Japan and North Korea! 

I forgot to add that the friend I’m visiting here ALSO went to North Korea with me! Naturally it was our destiny to go!!! Highlights include hearing a stadium sing the national anthem and watching the incredible enthusiasm of the North Korean fan squad. Japan won 1-0. Bring on World Cup 2026 in North America!!!

No comments: